A questioned document is any signature, handwriting, typewriting, or other mark whose source or authenticity is in dispute or doubtful. Letters, checks, driver licenses, contracts, wills, voter registrations, passports, petitions, threatening letters, suicide notes, and lottery tickets are the most common questioned documents, although marks on doors, walls, windows, or boards would also be included by definition.
- Identification of handwriting and signatures.
- Identification of a document as a forgery.
- Examination of Paper Quality & Stamp.
- Identification of typewriters, check writers, and photocopies.
- Detection of alterations, additions, deletions, or substitutions.
- Deciphering alterations and erasures.
- Identification and deciphering of indented writing.
- Comparisons of inks and identification of type of writing instrument.
- Identification of Typewriters & Printers.
- Identification of Indented Writing.
- Detection and Decipherment of Obliteration’s and Alterations.
- Analysis of marks like Punch marks, Staple marks, U-clip marks.